Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Best Part of the Student Skype Experience...

After skyping with our ePals from Argentina on Tuesday, we asked each student to answer 3 questions about the event.

1. What was the best part of the Skype experience?
2.  If you could change one thing about the experience, what would it be?
3.  Where do we go from here?  How do we keep our Argentinean connection alive?

Below are just some of the responses to #1.

"I thought that it was really cool to have a visual of the people we had been emailing. I liked listening to their dialect and learning about their school day."

"The best part of this Skype experience was that we saw the kids from Argentina, and have a first hand experience with Spanish speaking people in their country."

"The best part of this Skype experience was to learn about the different lives of people from Argentina. It was cool to compare and contrast their lives with ours."

"I most enjoyed seeing Lucas, the person I was emailing with my group."

"I got to talk to native Spanish speakers in Spanish, having them understand me and me them."

"The best part of this Skype experience for me was that we got to see the Argentinean kids and hear about their culture."

"It was really fun seeing everyone else on the monitor. I was surprised that their lifestyle and culture is a lot more similar than I originally thought. It was also fun listening to their answers in English - they were pretty good!"

"For me the best part of the Skype was hearing them speak English and us communicating back in Spanish. I thought it was very neat how we brought both languages together."

"Seeing how excited the Argentineans were to see us."

"The best part of this Skype experience was getting to meet kids that you would never be able to see unless you flew to Argentina."

"I got to see what teenagers from Argentina were like and we learned what school was like for them."

"Being never across the U.S. border in my life, I cannot wait to travel to a new country. This was a great experience to talk to someone who has never live in the U. S. The best part of this was the discovery of a new culture and the interaction with someone who originally couldn't speak English."

"Getting to hear what the Argentinean students do and how well they speak English."

"It enabled two different groups of students to interact across continents. It gave us the opportunity to use our Spanish."



No comments:

Post a Comment